Corporate Supplier Diversity policy statement
WEC Energy Group (WEC) and its subsidiaries are committed to building meaningful business opportunities for certified minority-, women-, service-disabled- and veteran-owned businesses (M/W/SD/Vs).
WEC encourages and promotes the development, utilization and growth of M/W/SD/Vs that want to provide quality products and services. WEC’s Supplier Diversity Initiative strategies include:
Our Supplier Diversity Initiative strategies
- Securing the commitment of every employee who is responsible, directly or indirectly, for the purchase of products and services to encourage the meaningful participation of M/W/SD/V business enterprises.
- Establishing reasonably attainable goals consistent with the policies and practices of WEC and its subsidiaries.
- Creating quality procedures and practices for all to achieve and record supplier diversity activities.
- Developing innovative and effective means to permit the participation of M/W/SD/V business enterprises.
- Cultivating relationships through the effective exchange of information to capture the benefits of quality products and services at competitive prices.
Administration and implementation of this policy are the responsibility of all organizations and business units throughout WEC, with the support of the Supplier Diversity Initiative. Overall company coordination is the responsibility of the Supplier Diversity Initiative director.
Promoting diverse suppliers fosters competition, enhances job creation and generates additional purchasing power in the communities in which WEC and its subsidiaries do business. Therefore, it is the corporate policy of WEC and its subsidiaries to offer M/W/SD/Vs the opportunity to compete on an equal basis with other suppliers.