Peoples Gas charitable giving
Peoples Gas supports initiatives for community and economic development, health and human services, arts and culture, education and environment. Qualified charitable organizations in the Peoples Gas service area are welcome to apply for support, provided they meet our guidelines.
Before applying for support, make sure your organization or project is eligible.
- Qualified charitable, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations, per Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code guidelines
- Located in the area served by our respective energy company
- Focused on one of our funding areas:
- Community and neighborhood development
- Arts and culture
- Health and human services
General operating support
We support both general operating and specific program grants, depending on the situation. In rare instances, we will support a capital campaign.
- Fraternal, religious or political organizations
- Trips, tours, pageants or athletics
- Team, extra-curricular school events or student exchange programs
- Organizations located outside our service areas, unless funding a specific project delivered directly to our customer communities
- Organizations determined by the IRS to be not tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- Organizations that discriminate for any reason, including race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or sexual orientation
Peoples Gas Grant: Quarterly deadlines: Jan. 31, April 30, July 31, Oct. 31.
Employee and retiree programs
Matching Gifts: The program encourages eligible active and retired employees to make donations to eligible nonprofit organizations in our communities.
Daughters and Sons Scholarships: Children of eligible employees and retirees can apply for scholarships for postsecondary education.
Daughters and Sons Scholarship