We are one of the nation’s largest electric and natural gas delivery holding companies, with deep operational expertise, scale and financial resources to meet the region’s future energy needs. Our subsidiaries focus on reliable service, customer satisfaction and shareholder value. Together, we provide energy services to nearly 4.4 million customers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota. Our combined assets allow operating efficiencies across 69,600 miles of electric distribution lines, 49,000 miles of natural gas distribution and transmission lines, and 8,700 megawatts of reliable power plant capacity.
Our family of companies is committed to delivering world-class reliability and the very best customer care anywhere. Customers are the heart of our business, and we work every day to help grow and support communities where we provide vital energy services. As a Fortune 500 company, we value and develop our employees who are making a difference in a mission that matters.
Principal energy companies
- We Energies delivers electricity and natural gas to about 2.2 million customers in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Public Service delivers electricity and natural gas to more than 770,000 customers in Wisconsin.
- Peoples Gas delivers natural gas to more than 845,000 customers in the city of Chicago.
- North Shore Gas delivers natural gas to nearly 160,000 customers in Chicago’s northern suburbs.
- Minnesota Energy Resources delivers natural gas to about 235,000 customers in Minnesota.
- Michigan Gas Utilities delivers natural gas to about 176,000 customers in Michigan.
- Upper Michigan Energy Resources delivers electric and natural gas to more than 42,000 customers in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Bluewater Gas Storage provides natural gas storage and hub services to 1.4 million natural gas customers of We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service.
- W.E. Power, LLC – designs, builds and owns power plants.