Access your shareholder account

Sign in shareholder account

NYSE WEC:

$ +

solar panels in a green grassy field with a sunburst

Building a bright, sustainable future


As the largest renewable energy investor in Wisconsin, we know the importance of clean energy. Our renewable energy facilities maintain reliability, deliver savings to our customers and support the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement and Wisconsin’s Task Force on Climate Change.

Reducing emissions is essential to building a bright, sustainable future. Clean energy investments are an important part of our goal to reduce carbon emissions from electricity generation 60% by 2025 and 80% by the end of 2030, compared to 2005 levels. We are also planning for a net-zero electric generation fleet by 2050.

Badger Hollow Solar Park

Badger Hollow Solar Park

The Badger Hollow Solar Park is a 300-megawatt (MW) solar facility in Iowa County, Wisconsin. Among the Midwest’s largest solar facilities, it is jointly owned by WEC Energy Group utilities We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS), as well as Madison Gas and Electric (MGE). Each utility owns 100 MW of the energy produced. The solar facility is being built in two phases. The first 150 MW are expected online in 2021, and the second 150 MW are expected online by the end of 2022.

Two Creeks Solar Park

Two Creeks Solar Park

The Two Creeks Solar Park is a 150-MW solar facility in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. The facility made history when it went online in November 2020, becoming Wisconsin’s first large-scale solar energy park. The facility is jointly owned by WPS (100 MW) and MGE (50 MW).

Paris Solar-Battery Storage Park

The proposed Paris Solar-Battery Storage Park was announced in February 2021. The facility features 200 MW of solar generation and 110 MW of battery storage — which can store solar-generated power and discharge it when the sun goes down, providing customers with “sunshine after sunset.”

The project is located in Kenosha County, Wisconsin. We Energies and WPS would own 90% of the project, and MGE would own the other 10%. If approved, the project is scheduled to go into service in 2023.

Darien Solar Energy Center

The proposed Darien Solar Energy Center was announced in March 2021. The facility features 250 MW of solar generation and 75 MW of battery storage.

The project is located in Rock and Walworth counties, Wisconsin. We Energies and WPS would own 90% of the project, and MGE would own the other 10%. If approved, the project is scheduled to go into service in 2023.

Koshkonong Solar Energy Center

The proposed Koshkonong Solar Energy Center was announced in April 2021. The facility features 300 MW of solar generation and 165 MW of battery storage. If approved, the project would be the largest renewable energy project in the state.

The project is located in Dane County, Wisconsin. We Energies and WPS would own 90% of the project, and MGE would own the other 10%. If approved, the project is scheduled to go into service in 2024.

Solar Now

Harley Solar Now

Solar Now is an innovative We Energies program that produces clean energy for all customers. Under the Solar Now program, We Energies partners with large business, nonprofit and government customers to host solar panels. We Energies leases space for the panels on roofs and unused land. Working with customers across the state, We Energies has completed projects with numerous partners including Harley-Davidson, University of Wisconsin — Parkside, the City of Racine, the School District of New Berlin, and Washington County.

Solar Now is a pilot program approved for up to 35 MW.

Glacier Hills Wind Park

Glacier Hills Wind Park is the largest wind farm in Wisconsin. The 162-MW facility is located in the towns of Randolph and Scott in Columbia County. The facility is owned by We Energies. It began operation in 2011.

Blue Sky Green Field Wind Energy Center

Blue Sky Green Field Wind Energy Center is a 145-MW wind farm in northeast Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin. The facility is located in the towns of Calumet and Marshfield. The facility is owned by We Energies. It began operation in 2008.

Crane Creek Wind Farm

Crane Creek Wind Farm is a 99-MW wind farm located near Riceville in Howard County, Iowa. The facility is owned by WPS. It began operation in 2009.

Red Barn Wind Park

The proposed Red Barn Wind Park was announced in April 2021. The Red Barn Wind Park is a 92-MW wind facility planned to be built in Grant County, Wisconsin. WPS would own 90% of the project, and MGE would own the other 10%. If approved, the project is scheduled to go into service in 2022.

Other WEC Energy Group renewable energy projects

  • 89-MW hydroelectric system at 13 dams (We Energies)
  • 82-MW hydroelectric system at 17 dams (WPS)
  • 61-MW Forward Wind Park (WPS)
  • 30-MW Montfort Wind Energy Center (We Energies)

WEC Infrastructure

WEC Energy Group also owns WEC Infrastructure LLC, a subsidiary that owns a growing fleet of renewable generation facilities in the Midwest.